If you want to go for an armored car; you must know not all armored cars are the same. When choosing an armored car; there are several factors at play that assist you to determine your ideal protection level. A few primary factors to consider are the tactical purposes, frequency of use and perceived threat level. Additional to this; cost, vehicle type, and the number of passengers will also determine the level of protection needed.
To know the level of assault that an armor can withstand, ballistic protection levels are referred to. The shape, composition, caliber, mass, and velocity of a bullet influences the potential threat due to a gun. To set these standards, a number of tests are performed. Based on these levels, ballistic protection has been established. The ballistic protection vehicles at Troy Armoring are customized according to your personal requirements.
Ballistic protection levels-
- B7- B7 is the highest protection level offered. It can resist various armor-piercing rounds fired from super high-velocity rifles, even sniper rifles. For civilians, this is the highest feasible protection in an armored vehicle. To serve special purposes, vehicles can and often do accommodate higher protection levels than B7.
- B6- B6 protection level is easy to implement while rendering to you a huge security advantage. It is meant to cease armor-piercing rounds.
- B5- B5 is the most commonly installed protection level since it has the capacity to tolerate attacks from AK-47s and other assault weapons. Since these are the most common threats for civilians, most go for B5 protection. 7.5 mm is the least thickness required for B5 protection and it can be increased according to the needs of an individual.
- B3-B4- This level of protection is specifically for bullets striking at a lower velocity due to a closer gunshot. For instance, a .357 Magnum (B3) or .44 Magnum (B4). These classes can usually withstand assault from weapons including sporting rifles and handguns and since these are commonly found weapons, this is another preferred choice of civilians.
- B1-B2- Being able to withstand only a 9mm; these two classes are often overlooked as an armored protection.
The protection level can be modified depending on the clients. One thing that needs to be taken care of is balance. Remember, if the installed armor inhibits the performance and efficiency of the vehicle to an extent that escape becomes difficult; no amount of armor will save the occupants.